Friday, November 21, 2008

Snow Day

Call me crazy, but I love snow! The three inches we received yesterday was a welcomed surprise. There are two main things that I like about snow: 1) The world seems a little brighter, literally and 2) the world gets a little more quiet. This morning I woke up to the the snow reflecting sunshine into my bed; it was beckoning me to get up and come outside. That is precisly what I did! Though it was after getting Charlie fed and changed, eating breakfast, dropping off big Charlie at work, finding my my snow pants, and bundling up Charlie in mobility-limiting snowsuit. Yes, then we hit the quiet street of Schuylkill Haven! It is a wonder that the snow was still there and hadn't melted.

I must say that I am impressed that a few of the usual park walkers were there at the park, commited to their health or perhaps, like me, just answering the call of the bright snow. So, there we were, Charlie and I, experienceing the snow together. I made him a snowball and in exchange he proudly handed me a few flakes in an attempt to give me what I imagine he thought was a snowball. His little feet, shuffling along as best as they could in his restrainment-suit, created tracks like cross-country skis. His little nose and cheeks were pink with cold, but he was too busy brushing snow from the picnic bench and watching it glitter as it settled to care. When it was time to go in, as indicated by wet gloves and a cold mommy, he, of course, did not want to leave.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

asianpixie said...

Those are the two things I like about snow too: 1) At night it is especially neat and 2) there is peace accompanying the silence.