Sunday, May 3, 2009

23-months-old



Charlie is 23-mos-old today! He is still a man of few words but he says about 20. His latest are Hiss (what a snake says), Cock-a-doodle-doo, Bubbles, and his girlfriend's name, Emmie.

He's started to want to do everything himself. We've given him little "chores" to give him the opportunity to do more on his own. He puts his clothes or PJ's in the hamper, put his shoes on the shoe rack, put his bowl in the sink when he is finished eating (he thought of this one on his own), and wash his hands after every meal. The hand washing is a treat in his eyes, lol! He also likes to help me with the compost. He carries the empty kitchen scraps jar from the compost bin to the kitchen and places it under the sink. It's a huge pretzel jar so it is funny to see him struggle up our little hill hugging it. When I've offered to help, he whines because he wants to do it by himself.

He's definitely an outdoor guy. Now that the weather is warmer he wants to be outside all day. He brings me his shoes and my shoes every morning. Quite the hint! He's into rolling his trucks down the driveway, pushing his lawnmower, coloring with chalk, and, to my dismay, throwing rocks. At least he usually throws them in the alley filled with trees and underbrush.

He is still a good eater. Yesterday he fell in love with a new tasty treat, turkey sausage dipped in grape jelly. His idea, not mine! Fruit is a guaranteed winner. I think he would eat fruit all day if I let him. I still don't know where he puts it all because he's only 26lbs!

No comments: